Penn Werner Hotel 5 E. Penn Ave. Wernersville,Pa. 19565 ~ 610-678-2765

 

HOME



RESTAURANT


BAR


CATERING IN OUR DINING ROOM


CATERING AT YOUR CHOSEN VENUE


FAIRS & FESTIVALS


ROOM RENTALS


HOTEL HISTORY


DINNER MENU


CURRENT SPECIALS


CONTACT US

 

 

 

 

 


Penn Werner Hotel

 

In the late 19th century and early 20th century, Wernersville was a noted resort community. City dwellers (especially from Philadelphia and New York City) traveled to Wernersville to lounge in the cool mountain air of South Mountain. A number of large resort hotels were erected for this purpose. The Penn Werner Hotel was built in 1893 right across the street from the railroad station served by the Reading Railroad. This was the hub where the majority of travelers disembarked for their stay in the Wernersville area. The property was most recently purchased by Kim and Dave Shefter in 2005. The kitchen was reopened and a variety of changes have been made. Much of the hotelís original charm is intact. More details of the history of Penn Werner Hotel will be coming in the future. Anyone who may have pertinent information about the hotel, please feel free to email or call us.

 

COPYRIGHT 2009 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED www.pennwernerhotel.com